DENOMINATION: EM 3771 “MILFOND” CLEAR PU BASECOAT
EM C.17 HARDENER AT 50%
EM C.45 HARDENER AT 50% (fast version)
It is a clear PU clear basecoat endowed with good coverage, very easy to sand and very transparent Good removing resistance.
VISCOSITY (FORD C. 4 at 20°C) : 65-70 ”
DENSITY (at 20°C) : 0.975
SOLID CONTENTS : 45 %
POT-LIFE (at 20°C) : 3 hs. ready for use
It can be applied by spray or curtain or even brush. It can be applied in one or more coats, without sand between coats, waiting 1-2 hs. between one coat and the following one. It is necessary to reduce by EM 754 thinner for PU varnishes before applying. Yield is about 4-5 smt/lt
DRYING at 20°C EM C.15:
DUST FREE : 10-15 ‘
TOUCH FREE : 60-70 ‘
DEEP DRY : 6-8 hs.
SANDABLE AND OVERCOATING : 8-10 hs.
Due to its good coverage and sandability it is employed on basecoat treatment of flat panels and furniture, even on dark veneers, for its transparency exalts wood features.
Before to start a right working cycle:
- the stain eventually applied must be dry
- wood humidity hasn’t to exceed 20% of value
- there mustn’t be on the surface of wood to treat grease residues
- wood surfaces mustn’t have been treated with bleach solution composed by organic peroxide
- it is very important to respect the working time